Lavinia Toockies scrubbers double pack
- pack of 1 jute & 1 cotton scrubber
- GOTS certified organic cotton and natural jute plant fibers.
- plastic-free alternative to the usual plastic sponge/scourer.
- non abrasive and non scratching.
- use on pots, pans, sinks, bathrooms and even to clean your vegetables.
- The cloths are very durable and machine washable.
- Toockies scrubbers are made of raw and untreated plant materials, and is therefore compostable and biodegradeable
- These products are handmade under FAIRTRADE conditions near Kolkata in India. Each product has the name of the knitter attached
- All products are not tested on animals
- Toockies Scrubbers considers all ethical aspects by being organic, Fairtrade and sustainable from cradle to cradle.
- Size: APPROX 19 x 19 CM
Lavinia, who is behind the Toockies project says the following. “All Toockies products are Fairtrade certified. When we purchase the cotton yarn from the mill in India, we receive a certificate with a Control Union stamp, the cotton is GOTS certified. Fairtrade. The women who participate in this project is taught how to knit at a local community centre, where a bathroom has been built just for them. The knitters take home a little roll of yarn, and once a week they drop off finished products, where a quality check is facilitated. There is a doctor present who are giving the knitters and their children a free check up.
Handmade in India by women in a fairtrade project, managed by a local NGO called “Promise Charitable Trust”